Friday 5 November 2021

Life Adventure


They say that life is a dream. Nothing always goes as it should. I wrote this piece for my online friends to look at without disturbing their feeds much. Too many are already going through their own stuff.

Long story short, on Oct 26th I collapsed at home feeling unwell. Several of you might remember my mentioning my doctor ordering scans of my brain following a similar incident in April. At that time it was found to be slight atrophy to the frontal lobe.

But this was different, with symptoms like TIA which surprised me because I've  a creative and active lifestyle. Loss of balance, numbness on my left side, inability to hold anything on my left. Practically unable to eat. I go to the local ER and get admitted, starting on an interesting journey. I wait a week in isolation until I am scheduled for guided biopsy in my brain.

Half my head looks a mistake with red hair dye. It took me a long time to come out of the anesthetic but I do know that my husband was there and said no worries. 

They told me there are multiple small lesions of indeterminate origin. Several members of my family have had parts of their organs affected by something. Hazards of modern life. People I know seem to be much healthier living in rural areas.

I expect to have diagnosis within a few days. In the meantime I am to be on a raft of meds for the pain and nausea.  I might need to schedule therapy from an osteopath to regain balance. Believe it or not it has taken me over an hour to pick out this message one key at a time.

Take care and I'll be in touch.


No comments:

Post a Comment