Friday 1 January 2021

Dramatics


It seems that my 2021 is beginning on a bit of a sour note.

I found out this morning that I'd been blocked by and/or lambasted by several people for simply asking questions about an alleged incident of "drama" that occurred on a favourite content creator's platform.  Said incident had caused several other mutual friends to abandon the platform in disgust and say things like "they'll get it when people start abandoning the platform in droves".

I did not witness the incident in question, which is why I asked about it.  If one can't understand the underlying issue, one can't take steps to not repeat the same mistakes.

Now I understand that some people don't want to discuss such things on their public feed.  I also understand that everyone has their own viewpoint of certain things.  But to block or ignore the issue entirely is not the way to solve things.  Since when has asking questions become grounds for censure?  It's not like this is top-secret info we're talking about.

My original query on a fan page for said content creator was seen by numerous people, but the only person who deigned to reply wrote "I thought we weren't supposed to have drama here? I'm out."  This prompted me to delete the message and ask to be contacted privately about the issue.

I will guess that part of it is that most people don't know the whole story and don't want to answer for fear of making things worse.  But those who do know the whole story aren't talking, which isn't any better.

"Drama" in whatever form exists everywhere and we have to learn how to deal with it in a healthy and effective manner.  We can't wear rose coloured glasses all the time.  That's not how the world works.  Denying hardship doesn't make you a better person.


No comments:

Post a Comment