Thursday 2 October 2014

Throwback Thursday: Home and School

I'm feeling nostalgic today given that it has been 20 years since I left the warmth and safety of my parents' home to marry and venture out into a world for which I was unprepared in many ways.  I sometimes dream of returning to the community to live but given how the economy and housing market have changed, there's absolutely no way I'd be able to afford it.  I do go back once in a while to visit old friends and neighbours.

This is the house where I spent the bulk of my formative years.  The photo was taken in late fall of 1977.


My Grade 4 class picture, taken in the spring of 1978.  I'm front and center.  The school closed in 1981 and reopened as a private school for German students the following year.


Here I am raking leaves in front of the house, in the fall of 1978.  I had grown my hair longer because I was frequently mistaken for a boy.


No comments:

Post a Comment