I love to read books. I learned to read at a very early age, beginning with Dr. Seuss' Hop on Pop as I recall. Thanks to my mother and wise English teachers I've since read a large range of literature from Shakespeare to science fiction.
A friend challenged me this morning: off the top of my head, I had to list ten books that I've read that have stayed with me for whatever reason. So here they are.
1. Now We Are Six, A.A. Milne
2. Alice in Wonderland, Lewis Carroll
3. Black Beauty, Anna Sewell
4. The Secret Garden, Frances Hodgson Burnett
5. Dragonflight, Anne McCaffrey
6. On a Pale Horse, Piers Anthony
7. Flowers for Algernon, Daniel Keyes
8. The Deed of Paksenarrion, Elizabeth Moon
9. Kushiel's Dart, Jacqueline Carey
10. Ready Player One, Ernest Cline
So now I'm going to extend the challenge to my Blogger friends. What books have you read that have stayed with you?